This year’s theme is “Intersections: Multiculturalism, Social Responsibility, Faith”-
The 2012 conference activities include:
- Expert-facilitated workshops in critical topics including: dialogue techniques, conflict resolution, engaging fundamentalism and multiculturalism
- Engagement in local social action projects
- Opportunities to encounter first-hand other faith traditions through prayer times and visits to places of worship
- Creative activities such as writing, story-telling, music and drama
- Open evening with a performance by an interfaith theatre group
For more information go to www.iccj.org!
Applying for Participation
After receiving applications and references, the board carefully selects a group of delegates they believe will contribute beneficially to dialogue at the conference and when they return to their home communities. The board also aims to select a diverse selection of religious backgrounds from each of the Abrahamic faith traditions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
Due date for Application: May 18th, 2012!
If it is impossible for you to complete your application by the end of the week,
send us an email registering your name and we will give you more time to complete
A completed application consists of:
1. Application Form (Please download from our webpage)
2. One Personal Reference from a work colleague, religious official, professor or
member organization of the ICCJ that references your character and your interest in interfaith dialogue.
We look forward to hearing from you and will get back to you with a decision no later than May 30th, 2012.
The fee for the YLC conference is 100 Euro from June 28th till July 1st,
for the participants of the combined YLC and ICCJ conference (June 28th till July 4th) the fee is 250 Euro. It covers the participance for all activities, lodging, and meals.
Meals are strictly vegetarian so as to respect the needs of those who keep Kosher or Halal.
Any other costs for souvenirs, personal entertainment, etc. are not covered by this fee.
The fee is to be paid upon receiving the letter of acceptance. Please use the option of credit card payment on www.iccj.org. The YLC has no travel grants or financial support to young participants.
We therefore appeal to the member organizations of the ICCJ to find young and suitable participants as delegates of their organization and help them to cover their travel expenses!