Call for Workshop Proposals: ICCJ Conference 2023
Call for Workshop Proposals
In addition to plenary sessions, keynote papers, and visits to local sites, the ICCJ also puts a great emphasis on the interactive workshops that occur during its annual conferences.
The ICCJ invites proposals for workshops touching on the topics of and issues related to the annual conference theme (see here). Additionally, proposals for workshops on the current state of Jewish-Christian, and Jewish-Christian-Muslim, dialogue on the international or local scenes are also invited.
- the workshop title and an abstract of no more than 300 words,
- the name(s) of the workshop presenters + short biographical blurb(s), and
- a description of the methodology and pedagogical format of the workshop of no more than 100 words
are due by January 31, 2023 and are to be sent to the ICCJ staff member Petra Grünewald-Stangl (email@example.com).
Applicants will be notified of the status of their proposals by March 3, 2023.
Guidelines for preparing workshop proposals:
- Workshops are expected to be interactive, involving the participants as much as possible. They are not meant to be lectures or academic papers delivered to passive audiences. They can be panel presentations, in which case having Jews and Christians (and Muslims) as discussants is preferred.
- Workshops are to be conducted in English.
- Workshop presenters are expected to respect the given time frame (90 minutes).
- If relevant and/or possible, workshop presenters are encouraged to provide handouts to participants.
- Workshop presenters are kindly asked to cover their expenses related to the conference as no bursaries are available. Thank you for your understanding.
There is a limited number of workshop slots available. The conference program committee will select from the proposals it receives on the basis of their relevance to the conference theme and/or the significance of the topics proposed.
A pdf-file of the "Call for Workshop Proposals", an introduction to the conference theme included, can be found here - please disseminate the call on your mailing lists, social media, and websites!
Further information will follow on ICCJ's website in due time.
To receive new information and updates promptly by e-mail, please register for the ICCJ-newsletter.
The online-registration for participants in ICCJ's 2023 conference will open at the beginning of February 2023.
Picture on the frontpage and in the article:
Pixabay / Peggy & Marco Lachmann-Anke